HomeForumsForum – Publicsign up problems

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Thor Thor 1 year, 4 months ago.

• Author

Michael blake

Hello all, i tried to sign up and recieved my email with a password, unfortunately i icorrectyl entered to password, not realising i was usung lower case istead of capitals etc, i was just wondering how long the lock out is? thanks in advance , Mike

Thor
    Thor
    Keymaster

Hello all, i tried to sign up and recieved my email with a password, unfortunately i icorrectyl entered to password, not realising i was usung lower case istead of capitals etc, i was just wondering how long the lock out is? thanks in advance , Mike

About 5 minutes. The first time.
    Each subsequent attempt without a successful log-in it gets longer.
    If you can’t get it after 4 or 5 tries, e-mail admin@ and we’ll straighten it out.

Yes I have the hammer,
    And I hammer in the morning.
    I hammer in the evening.
    All over this site.....

Robert Birke

I reviewed all of the pre-signup information and when I hit the “Signup” button nothing comes up but the pre=signup screen. No place to enter my info, avatar photo, email, etc.

Thor
    Thor
    Keymaster

I reviewed all of the pre-signup information and when I hit the “Signup” button nothing comes up but the pre=signup screen. No place to enter my info, avatar photo, email, etc.

As mentioned in the other thread…

Hi there, Robert….

The pre-signup page, all the way to the bottom, find a link just above the welcome photo, that reads
    PLEASE DELETE MY ACCOUNT AND BAN ME FOREVER IF I FAIL TO ABIDE BY THESE GUIDELINES
    Click that, acknowledging that you’ve read and understood, and all that lawyer mumbo jumbo.

Yes I have the hammer,
    I hammer in the evening.
    All over this site.....

EndoftheRainbow

Was just wondering how long of a wait it is to get a password emailed to me.

Thor
    Thor
    Keymaster

Was just wondering how long of a wait it is to get a password emailed to me.

That part, almost immediately as it’s automated.
    Profile approval, however, is a human thing. That takes as long as it takes a moderator or myself to review and decide, usually within a day or three, assuming it was completed according to the agreed to specifications.
    ( almost shocking how many blow past the pre-signup page completing nothing, and of course are rejected )

Yes I have the hammer,
    I hammer in the evening.
    All over this site.....

The forum ‘Forum – Public’ is closed to new topics and replies.